Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Popcorn Adventure Review



The Hype: The Jammed’s story of getting distribution is really awesome.
The Verdict: This is a really, really good Australian film. In fact, this is a really good film – period! It’s always a lovely surprise when Australian filmmakers manage to dish up something worthwhile – the industry is so small that such surprises are few and far between. The film strives to stay close to the grim reality – the shooting style almost seems like a documentary in places and there are moments in the film which really connected, and I found really affecting. There is very little humanity or sympathy shown the sex slaves in the film and it’s a great conceit to tell the story from an unwilling, ordinary womans perspective as she is dragged reluctantly into finding a missing person…
The full article: http://popcornadventures.wordpress.com/2010/03/10/the-jammed/

1 comment:

DollHouse said...

My daughter and I ordered a dress from Doll House which was to be custom made. I placed the order on a Monday and was surprised to get a phone call the following Monday to say the dress had arrived it only took eight 8 days. I took the dress home and when I put the dress on my daughter, I realized that had just altered the dress (in store) and found pins still in the side seams. I was so disgusted with their lie when confronted they would not talk to me or acknowledge what they had done. To all you mum’s out there DON’T BUY FROM DOLL HOUSE.